Currently meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month at the United Church Hall, 232 High Street, Ladysmith starting at 7.30pm.
Visitors are welcome for a drop in charge of $2.00. Annual membership is $10.00 based on a calendar year.
Benefits of Membership
- Members will receive a card which provides additional benefits. These include special discounts at many garden related businesses in Nanaimo, Ladysmith and Chemainus to members who present their membership card before making a purchase.
- Opportunities to hear program speakers who have expertise in a wide variety go gardening topics.
- Access to the club library.
- Free tea and decaf coffee. Please bring your own mug.
- Organized tours to a variety of island gardens, garden centres and member’s gardens. June, July and August meetings are held in members’ gardens.
The Ladysmith Saltair Garden Club will meet on January 17th, 2013 in the United Church Hall, 232 High Street, at 7:30 pm.
Doors will be open for business shortly after 7pm to allow extra time for processing the 2013 membership fees. There will be an express line for returning members whose contact information has not changed.
Come out to hear our speaker, the owner of Sandpiper Garden Centre in Chemainus, who will share some of her gardening interests and know- how with us.
We will also hear from a Community Gardens representative who will describe their speaker series available in February and March. The 5 sessions total $25. Tickets will be available at our January 17th meeting. See the previous email or the Town of Ladysmith’s Winter Activity Guide for details.
Also of interest is an invitation to attend the popular Qualicum Beach Seedy Saturday on Saturday, February 2nd. Go to http://www.qbseedysaturday.com for details.
Things to bring to the meeting:
- $10 for membership
- $25 for Community Gardens speaker series (if interested)
- overdue library books
- mug for the break
- new members or guests
Look forward to sharing another great gardening year ahead.